Remember a few weeks back, when the fine folks at VTech provided my family with one of their innovative new InnoTab 3S tablets to test out?
Well, we've had a chance to delve into the tablet a bit further, and both kids are loving it.
The ages on the tablet say 3-9, so when we first got this, I was worried it would be a bit on the 'early learner' side of things for our two kids.
Probably because of how the tablet looks...Durable, rugged, kid friendly.
Turns out, I was wrong, it's not childish, it's simply child-friendly!
With tons of apps to choose from, such as Math Oven, World of Science, and Flash Card Creator, we are finding this tablet has a world of education, right at the kids' fingertips.
We bought small tablets for our kids last year, before taking a family vacation, but I am finding that the InnoTab 3S provides a safer search. I no longer have to worry about what the kids have stumbled upon, via pop up ads and 'click to continue' boxes. They aren't constantly saying, in that 'uh oh, what just happened voice...'
The other thing I'm loving about the InnoTab 3S Tablet?
VTech Kid Connect which is a unique, ground-breaking family communication app for the InnoTab 3S that brings families together and helps parents stay connected to their kids when apart – anytime, anywhere!
· With secure and easy-to-use tablet-to-mobile communication, parents and children can exchange voice and text messages, pictures, drawings and stickers in real time!
I sent the kids a picture of myself waving, and I drew the word 'Hi' with a heart next to it. A little later, my phone made a little ping sound, and when I looked, there was the Kid Connect App ready for me, with a note saying 'I love you' with an emoticon and some hearts!
We messaged back and forth for quite awhile, as the kids were LOVING it!
· Kids can send messages to their parents’ smartphones and tablets, all from the kid-safe, kid-friendly InnoTab 3S.
· Plus, kids can stay connected to their friends and siblings by exchanging messages safely between two InnoTab 3S tablets anywhere in the world (with Wi-Fi), regardless of how far apart they are.
To connect with your child’s InnoTab 3S, simply visit the Apple App Store or Google Play from your smartphone or tablet & download the free VTech Kid Connect app. The InnoTab 3S comes with a one year subscription of Basic Kid Connect, which allows kids and parents to send text messages and stickers. The Premium Kid Connect app offers enhanced features that allow kids and parents to send not only text messages and stickers, but voice messages, photos and drawings to each other.
For the first two weeks after registration of the InnoTab 3S, a Deluxe Apps package with Premium Kid Connect is available for $14.99. The package also includes Movie Maker (a $7.99 value), a fun and exciting stop-motion animation app that lets kids become movie directors. Once the two week promotional period is over, Premium Kid Connect can be purchased separately for $14.99.
Kid Connect is ONLY available on the InnoTab 3S!
· Kid Connect helps alleviate anxiety by keeping parents connected to their children when apart – anytime, anywhere – whether they are at daycare, a neighbor’s house or maybe out of town visiting Grandparents?
Our 8 year old recently had her first overnight sleepover, without either parent or her brother. We dropped her off at 5 pm, and she didn't return home until 10 am the next day. Of course I knew she was fine and I could have texted or called the family she was staying with at any time, but wouldn't it have been great to check in with my kid via the InnoTab 3S?
Now that ours is up and running...we'll be doing that next time!
And now, how would you like the chance to win one of these tablets, just in time for Christmas? This one is going to have a quick turn around folks, so toss your name in the Rafflecopter Hat below and let's get going!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
To learn more about VTech visit the links below:
- VTech website – http://bit.ly/tHKlfD
- Kid Connect – http://bit.ly/1e9mlEV
- VTech Twitter – http://bit.ly/Q7J7vM
- VTech Facebook – http://on.fb.me/iIPfUE